Chef de Partie (Rondo La Cave)
The team at Rondo La Cave is looking for a Chef de Partie to join our wine bar, kitchen and shop based beneath The Hoxton Hotel, Holborn.
Open Tuesday to Saturday, La Cave currently boasts 126 bottlings of natural wine curated by the manager and features Detroit-style deep dish pizza courtesy of Four Corners. Within the restaurant is a wine shop which will also expand online and allow for delivery across the UK by next day delivery. By years end we plan to have over 200 bottlings of wine including the largest selection of sparkling wine.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary up to £17 per hour including TRONC
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Create delicious pizza for our guests’ tables by running a section in our busy kitchen
- Support the Senior Sous Chef to nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth as chipotle butter, and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Senior Sous Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to make the best brunch out there
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience working as part of a kitchen team in a similar sized restaurant
- Passion for fresh ingredients and strong flavours
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!