Chef De Partie
We are looking for a charismatic Chef De Partie to shake things up with us as part of our pre-opening team for The Hoxton, Shoreditch in our Llama Inn restaurant.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch is where The Hoxton was born. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and introducing Llama Inn. Llama Inn is a warm open space with natural wood furniture, tall ceilings, and steel beams. Our cuisine encompasses all things Peru, including ceviche, our famous lomo Saltado, Cancha and other unique Peruvian fair. Our cocktail and spirit list hail from Peru with none other than pisco being the star of the show and a creative cocktail menu with unique takes on the classics from around the globe. While the wine lists breaths Spain and Latin America with options by the glass and bottle to titillate any palate. Whether early or late, Llama Inn is a full dining experience for any celebration/occasion.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary plus TRONC
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night stay and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Bring delicious options to our guests’ tables by running a section in our busy kitchen
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth as chipotle butter, and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to make the best brunch out there
- Follow well organised systems in the kitchen that make things tick as a successful team
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience working as part of a kitchen team in a similar sized restaurant
- Passion for fresh ingredients and strong flavours
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!