Studio Director – Interior Design (Mat Cover)
Ennismore London | Ninth Floor 70 Colombo St, SE1 8DP, London, UK
Our creative studio is at the heart of what we do. We exist to inspire discovery across graphics, branding and interior design. Our 30 strong studio of Interior Designers and Graphic Designers has a demonstrated history designing hospitality spaces, creating environments that flourish functionally and inspire creativity.
With decades of experience in hospitality design, we are well versed in understanding the practical requirements of commercial spaces, as well as putting the experience of our guests at the front of our minds.
Our design process is routed in research of our surroundings, and the history of our buildings which allows us to create unique experiences showcasing the brands we work with.
We’re looking for a Studio Director (12 month FTC Maternity cover) for the Interior Design function, which is a key role in the team, collaborating with the Global VP of Design. This is a part-time role of 32 hours per week, across 4 days.
What you'll do...
- Develop methodology to assess actual hours spent on projects to inform future fee proposals
- Work with Design Director and Associates to keep Harvest (time tracking) project entries up to date
- Manage timesheet inputs from the team
- Work with the VP to establish cost rates / charge rates
- Approve and track all department freelance costs (using Kofax)
- Ensure correct project coding and process is followed across travel & expense systems in the department and provide training if required.
- Approve relevant department expenses (OPEX), collaborating with department Management Accountant to track quarterly spend against budget
- Work with the VP of Design to update, monthly, the studio dashboard according to new fee proposals, new active projects, freelance costs and OPEX costs
- Track the OPEX budget monthly or quarterly and report data on the dashboard
- Ensure Associates are using Forecast to accurately plan resource and use the data to forecast project costs
- Work with management accountant on project expenses, invoicing and tracking revenue and fees for the studio
- Support Associates and/or the VP of Design on introductory meetings with potential clients
- Ensure the Interior Design Agreement (IDA) is updated and current
- Track outstanding IDAs and collaborate with Legal to ensure prompt issuing of contracts
- Ensure the Associates running projects have access to and understand the design deliverables
- Be aware of scope creep and track extra hours on projects, report to clients where additional services are required / expected
- Organise weekly resource syncs and support Associates in their resource strategy
- Organise monthly team meetings, collaborate on agendas based on feedback from Associates and the Design Directors
- Monitor team calendar to make sure holidays and site visits are captured across the team
- Support recruitment and onboarding process (interviews and CV reviews coordinated and conducted by VP, Design Directors or Associates)
- Support and encourage the team with organisation of samples, presentation boards and encourage the upkeep of the physical studio and library
- Work with the Associates / VP to maintain and upkeep the AIME Studios portfolio, consolidate Interior Design
- Assist Associates with press release information and design award entries
- Work with the VP of Design to organise quarterly management / strategy meetings with the Associates, track tasks and report outcomes and progress
- Support Associates with completing Strategic outcomes for the studio as required
- Support Associates with Studio training programme for the year, which incorporates personal development objectives for line reports
What we're looking for...
- You can respond positively and provide a solution-based approach to challenges
- You identify opportunities for operational changes to improve the creative environment
- You carry out routine work, as well as respond flexibly to ad hoc tasks as required
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
What's in it for you...
- Previous experience of managing a creative studio
- Knowledge of RIBA stages
- Some project accounting or project invoicing knowledge
- The ability to work well independently, proactively, and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- A proven track record of being highly organised
- The ability to work under pressure with a collaborative working style
- The drive and ambition to work within a highly contemporary, dynamic and creative real estate business
Thank you for applying!