PT Beach Attendant at Hyde Beach, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, Ennismore offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our team as a Beach Attendant, located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of Hyde Beach Managers, responsible for providing exceptional and an enjoyable safe beach experience to guests at the beach commensurate with the demands and expectations of the company. Greets guests at the beach area, provides beach towels to guests, escorts guests and positions chairs, sets up, refreshes, and tears down cabanas. Maintains the cleanliness and physical appearance of beach area.
Duties & Functions:
• Must love and support their TEAM!
• Must love and take care of guests!
• Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
• Assist, support, and work with Beach Servers and Beach staff
• To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, deferring to the Beach Manager, when necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
• To extend a courteous, friendly, and professional greeting to guests as they arrive, and to thank them as they depart.
• To follow all specified procedures to provide prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service to guests, including describing menu items.
• Expedite the service of food from the kitchen to Beach guests and to pick-up dirty glassware and plates and replace with clean silverware and glassware.
• Satisfactorily perform, as directed, all routine opening and closing side duties including preparing folding napkins, and stocking and pre-set up of station to facilitate food service.
• Assist to remove used dishes and trash from guest beach area.
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware and serving equipment, handling both to minimize breakage.
• Ensure order of restaurant and cleanliness in accordance to health and safety regulations
• Ensure standards and guest requirements are met at all times
• Refill beverages
• Provide friendly, courteous, and professional service at all times
• Ensure standards and guest requirements are met at all times
• Prepare tea, coffee, water, and soft drinks
• Maintain communication between kitchen/managers and floor staff
• Understand the operational set up and principle of the Beach.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.