Restaurant General Manager
The Hoxton - Edinburgh
The Hoxton, Edinburgh
We can’t wait to open our first UK hotel outside of London…and where better than the characterful capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. We are now looking for an experienced Restaurant General Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
The Hox in Edinburgh will boast 214 bedrooms influenced by the Georgian heritage of the building and city (including the introduction of a new room category for the Hox), a main restaurant and big lobby & bar, a large event space and The Apartment - our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, you’ll be responsible for the overall management of the restaurant and the team. Your role is to deliver an exceptional guest experience leading an enthusiastic and engaged team.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to work with an exciting new hospitality concept in Edinburgh and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
What you'll do...
- Lead a dynamic pre-opening front of house restaurant team in our exciting new restaurant.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
- Drive revenue through well planned and create initiatives and incentives, alongside a strong understanding of the guest booking and profiling system.
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the restaurant business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch.
- Working closely with the Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand.
What we're looking for...
- A track record of leading large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar restaurant management role in a busy, bustling environment.
- Previous involvement in budgeting and forecasting, a strong understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business.
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious; we all leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!