Safety & Security Manager
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023, and we are now looking for an experienced Safety & Security Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experiences. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travellers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
What you’ll do…
- Lead pre-opening system builds, strategy, and property-level training.
- Ensure that all Fire related and security systems function smoothly. Initiate immediate corrective action when a fault is detected.
- Drive and lead Management, employees, and guests in every way that is consistent with the protection and prevention objectives.
- Coordinate with various departments and government agencies on routine matters and during emergencies.
- Keep the Managers or Crisis Management Team informed on the latest development of the situation in a crisis.
- Actively contribute to the hotel’s safe environment
- Enforce the set Rules & Regulations with your subordinates.
- Be alert for the safety of our guests team members and their belongings.
- Report any suspicious situation immediately to the General Manager / Director of People & Culture.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all our guests at all times.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets.
- Work closely with the various departments in the planning, scheduling, and execution of events, always maintaining communication with other necessary departments regarding resort activities.
- Regularly attend Departmental Daily Reviews, sharing information about Resort activities/events with Associates
- Conduct weekly yield meetings to ensure the resort’s inventory is managed effectively to attain the highest yield per resort objectives.
- Ensure that our current systems and processes meet group requirements and are adjusted appropriately to support the business.
- Configuration and maintenance tasks related to the system.
- Conduct performance review and manages performance issues that arise within the operations department's management team.
What we’re looking for…
- At least 2 YEARS experience in a similar role in Maldives,
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in working in Safe & Safety.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You want to question the norm and create change by doing things differently.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind.
What's in it for you...
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development