Morgans Originals Sanderson | 50 Berners St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 3NG, UK
As the original lifestyle hotels, St Martins Lane London and Sanderson London sit under the Morgans Originals brand, a collection of independent hotels sharing the same spirit. Equal parts glossy, surprising and rebellious, we balance a refined outlook with careful chaos.
No two days are alike as we provide unique experiences everyday such as our Mad Hatters afternoon tea in the Sanderson courtyard or our signature cocktails in the Blind Spot at St Martins Lane – our speakeasy cocktail bar.
We have a fabulous opportunity to join St Martins Lane London as Hotel Manager.
As Hotel Manager you will lead and inspire your team of managers and staff to achieve and, ideally, exceed Company and hotel targets arising from the company core objectives and values, e.g. Guest Service, Employee Relations, Quality Delivery, and Sales & Revenue. The successful candidate will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and step in to help get the job done where necessary.
- Proactively analyse and exploit the commercial and financial opportunities of St Martins Lane in terms of costs, controls, productivity levels, competitor activity, room rate revenue, product and property development.
- React with urgency to any forecasted sales and profit shortfalls to budget.Recommend and assist in the implementation of activity to stimulate short-term sales revenue and support with aggressive cost controls to protect budgeted profit targets.
- Be fully involved in the preparation and presentation of the annual hotel budgets and weekly forecasts.
- Participate in regular reviews of pricing strategy for St Martins Lane (weekly revenue meetings).
- Communicate regularly with the Area General Manager to influence the strategy for St Martins Lane in the short and longer term.
- Ensure that company reporting systems are adhered to.
- Contain employment costs within the budget including recruitment costs.
- Maximise individual potential through a positive commitment to training and development and succession planning at all levels, in order to meet current and future manpower demands as well as addressing business issues.
- Lead, develop, motivate and empower employees to deliver operational best practice, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service and operating standards.
- Ensure the hotel is fully staffed with skilled, motivated people who are able to meet the customer service expectations identified through the service strategy and quality commitments documents.
- Undertake regular internal inspections to ensure company’s assets are well maintained and protected.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legal requirements, and that internal/external audits are completed and actioned.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience in hotel operations and/or Hotel manager experience in a five-star property in both Rooms and Food & Beverage.
A bit about you:
- Be Original - We want our team to be themselves and we celebrate and welcome diversity in all forms, and we give you the opportunities to discover your best self.
- Be a team player - We always have each other’s backs and work together to offer the best possible guest experience. Whatever challenge we face - we’re in it together.
- Loves to have fun at work - Working hard is a given but remembering to make it fun is key. Make it fun for you, your team, and our guests. We make memories – for our guests and each other.
- Makes Positive impacts - We do more to make a positive impact – from small things to brighten someone’s day to giving back and supporting causes close to our hearts.
- Be Humble & Kind - We’re grounded and approach things with an open mind and show kindness – both with guests and each other. The best idea wins, no matter where it comes from.
- Loves to think big & believe - We’re dreamers and entrepreneurial – big, bold thinkers constantly imagining what is possible. We push the boundaries, challenge the norm and create change, even if that means being wrong some of the time. The biggest risk is not taking any risks.
- Private Medical Insurance - offers you access to private medical services which can often much quicker than waiting for NHS treatment and normally offered in a private hospital.
- Matching Pension Scheme, meaning we’ll match what you put in up to a certain percentage.
- Group Income Protection – this policy replaces a percentage of your basic income (tax free) payable after a period of 3-month illness or disability and will continue to pay out until you can return to some kind of paid work, reach retirement, whichever is the sooner.
- Group Life Assurance -We offer a multiple of your salary as a lump sum benefit to your family and dependants should the worst happen in service.
- Free Dry Cleaning/Uniform washing, to ensure you’re ready with a clean outfit for the next shift!
- Season ticket loan to help with the annual cost of travel
- Ride to work scheme, a loan of up to £5000 to help with the cost of a bike and equipment if you want to ride to work
- Guest Experience (A free night at Sanderson, Complementary Cocktail and Dinner and Breakfast the next morning) after passing probation so that you can experience what our guests do.
- Length of Service incentives (extra holidays) because who doesn’t love extra holidays!
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you, ranging from discounted stays as well as a food & beverage discount at most of the Ennismore properties.
- Regular Staff get-togethers (Summer party, Children’s Xmas Party, Department nights out) - we love to enjoy ourselves!
- Employee Assistance Programme - We've got your back, we work with a confidential service provider who can offer support about anything whether it be medical, mental, legal or financial.
- Mental Health Champions – It’s ok to not be okay. We have a team of mental health champions who are here to help, whether it be having an initial conversation through to supporting you to get appropriate help.
- Quarterly & Annual Employee awards - Core shaker events are legendary, from different themes to costumes to the food, we celebrate each quarter as hard as we can.
- Healthcare cash plan provider to help towards everyday healthcare and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- Eye care vouchers – We are partnered with Specsavers, which means we can offer our screen using members of staff a voucher for a free eye test as well as a discount on a range of glasses.
Morgans Originals is rooted in iconic cultural legacy, with a collection of independent hotels all sharing the same free spirit. Each hotel, one of a kind, is brought together by a shared culture and community. No matter how big or small, a Morgans Original is always entertaining, celebrates a love for the glossy hey days, and the magic of a Friday night where time disappears.