People & Culture Coordinator
The Hoxton, Rome | Largo Benedetto Marcello, 220, 00198 Roma, Italy
The Hoxton has landed in Italy!
In May 2021 we opened The Hoxton, Rome. After 2 years of operation, we are looking for a People & Culture Coordinator to play a crucial part in successfully bringing a new concept to the Italian market.
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager of The Hoxton, Rome, you will be responsible for supporting the daily people operations: administrative and bureaucratic tasks, trainings and activities for the Team.
The Hoxton, Rome is our 10th Hoxton and boasts 192 bedrooms of different sizes. Cugino is our large coffee bar and takeaway counter, and Elio is our light-flooded restaurant. The Apartment is our unique meetings & events space concept, consisting of 5 rooms connecting to our communal kitchen area.
What you'll do...
- Support the People Team and HODs in recruitment needs, pre-selecting resumes, screening by phone, arranging interviews, and actively participating in interview stages;
- Publicize job openings on Hoxton's website and local recruitment sites (Job In Tourism);
- Monitor expiration dates of temporary contracts and generally all bureaucratic and administrative deadlines;
- Organize formal and informal meetings with all new hires and generally with the entire Team for periodic meetings, including those with department heads;
- Organize the events that everyone looks forward to for the Team, including Team Parties and all company initiatives (High Five, Town All etc.);
- Get involved in Team activities, monitor and implement continuous activities, involving the Hox Squad;
- And yes, there is some administration involved.... Track trainings (on-boarding, legally required trainings, company trainings, and, let's not forget FLOW), some scanning, some ordering of business cards. But let's face it, we know you love it!
- Technology? No problem. You know the systems and can set up accounts for the team, including opening emails and users, opening workplaces with individual emails, terminating accounts, using Lever (ATS) and DocuSign (for contracts and job offers);
- Working with the rest of the Team to run things smoothly;
- You will be part of a high-energy Team of people who love our guests, setting and monitoring goals, holding them accountable and developing them to realize their full potential and create an environment where people can be themselves.
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience in the hospitality world as part of the People Team is a plus!
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to;
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night;
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in;
- You know how to crack the whip – but make people feel good at the same time;
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door;
- You make people feel good - your team and colleagues alike;
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Rome (and Italy) and have a real impact on its success;
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand;
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding;
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands;
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family;
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!