Director of Food & Beverage
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor and indulgence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland– playful ambiance, subversive design, and awe-inspiring extravagance – come to life across 471 guest rooms and meet idyllic ocean views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The experience is all-encompassing in its delight, with three waterfront pools, a spa and beauty salon, fitness center and six food and beverage venues, each destined to become a beloved destination for locals and travelers alike.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Food & Beverage to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. Under the guidance of the General Manager, the Director of Food & Beverage will be responsible for coordinating, supervising, and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable department and high-quality products and service levels. This role is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
What you'll do...
- Establish, monitor, and manage budgeted revenue and net operating income. Assures that the budgeting process is performed accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and implement action items and provide support and guidance in each restaurant/bar/outlet to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and net operating income goals.
- Ensure that labor and expense guidelines are adhered to maintain budgeted expenses.
- Institute and monitor service and/or product upgrades to maintain the company’s competitive edge.
- Establish and enforce SLS specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Promote guest satisfaction throughout the operation. Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Implement repeat guest recognition programs to build loyalty to the operation.
- Promote inter-company business relations and share best practices.
- Establish the SLS venues in an independent spirit locally in the community.
- Maintain a high-level path to achieving brand goals, such as 50 Best and Local awards
- Act as a liaison between the community and the Food and Beverage operation.
- Supervise and provide leadership to all Food and Beverage team members.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them informed of Food and Beverage issues as they arise.
- Liaise with Corporate F&B Carte Blanched team on brand standards, growing brand trends, and concept direction.
- Work seamlessly with brand partners and corporate partnerships.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the Food and Beverage department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Initiate menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations and all other Food and Beverage related life/safety and other legal compliance in accordance with federal and local laws.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP’s, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Select, train and develop the team within the department. Able to exercise hire, discipline, performance reviews and termination of employment discretion within SLS policies.
What we're looking for...
- 8+ years of experience in a senior food & beverage role, preferably within a lifestyle brand
- Resort and international experience preferred.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You combine analytical and methodical thinking with high attention to detail and a solution-focused approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- You have a solid understanding of local legal compliance requirements.
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS’s unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.