Executive Chef – New Opening
Hyde London City | 15 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7EF, UK
Hyde London City marks the rebirth of a London icon. This lavish seven-storey, 111-room property at 15 Old Bailey draws upon a rich and storied past to create a luxurious, bespoke hideaway in the heart of the city. Hyde London City will be a destination unto itself, hosting unmatched experiences for locals and ultimately the discerning global traveler.
Hyde is embracing an evolved brand identity that is all about a festival vibe with music at its core. Hyde perfectly balances an elevated bohemian-chic aesthetic with a youthful, laidback ambience. The spaces are defined by vibrant colors and are designed to encourage serendipitous connections and new discoveries around every corner. Hyde is all about the freedom and personal discovery that comes with great music, time with friends and connecting with something bigger.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable Food and Beverage operations and high-quality products and service levels.
What you’ll do…
· Ensure the food product that is presented to guests is enhanced. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products.
· Maintain the quality of food product and ensure consistency in food delivery and standards. Ensure guest satisfaction score goals are achieved and/or exceeded.
· Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee, particularly to the Director of Restaurants and Bars. Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food and Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel
· Select, train and develop personnel within the department. Able to exercise hire, discipline, personnel performance reviews and termination of employment discretion within Hyde’s policies.
· Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
· Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation
· Give direction and leadership and be responsible for the implementation of plans.
· Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures
· Consult with the Director, Director of Sales, Marketing Manager and Venue Managers on a weekly basis as well as with other departments as necessary.
· Participate in long range planning. Lead, support and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continuous improvement in networking.
· Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly actions plans.
·Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations, if applicable
What we’re looking for…
- You must have 2+ year's experience in the local culinary scene as well as a full understanding and passion to the latest food trends and competitors.
- Proven track record managing large kitchen teams across multiple outlets and kitchens.
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu.
- Managerial skills to achieve budgeted KPI’s in labour and COS%.
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self.
- Your humble and open to ideas. We leave our egos at the door and help get it done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of something bigger and have fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
· Opportunity to take party in an amazing opening team, Hyde is doing it differently.
· The chance to make your mark in a fast-growing brand.
· Learning opportunities to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make, and thrive at work.
· The opportunity to be yourself and collaborate with other bright minds in a relaxed, innovative culture.
Thank you for applying!