Senior Spa Therapist
Hyde Dubai | Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
Perform all body and facial services (Facials, massage, wraps, scrubs) in a safe and professional manner to Guests. Train and supervise all spa therapists in latest trends, and Guest service protocol. Provide uncompromising attention to Guest/Member service.
In the absence of Spa & Recreation Manager or Spa Supervisor, takes full responsibility for Spa operations supervising all other spa team members
- Perform all spa treatments on Guests using safe and professional techniques.
- Confidently performs all spa reception tasks (opening and closing procedures, cash and other payments handling, taking reservations over the phone and in person, assisting guests including possible complaint handling)
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Constantly maintain an up to date knowledge of the personal services performed and any revisions in the skin care products or procedures used.
- Answer all questions related to services performed and products used.
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each service.
- Courteously interact and answer all facility-related questions with members and Guests.
- Co-ordination of spa services with other spa programs.
- Ensure current trends in spa industry are reviewed.
- Serve as catalyst to promote spa services to Members and hotel Guests.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa & Recreation Manager
- Work with the Spa & Recreation Manager in the formulation of plans for projects and in other areas.
- Well versed in all aspects of the Spa's operations, i.e. business telephone, Guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, facial, body treatments).
- Create monthly training plan for all therapists
- Monitor training logs and submit reports on a monthly basis
- Maintain and advise on all trolley inventories ensuring they are stocked and any products that are low are reported to the Spa & Recreation Manager for order.
- Report and missing products or poor hygiene to Spa & Recreation Manager
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required:
- Sales and Marketing
- Supervise all aesthetic operations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, services offered, pricing.
- Prepare and update service operations manuals.
- Conduct Colleague in-services on any accepted techniques or programs and demonstrate the proper use of equipment and products.
- Tour potential Guests/Members as needed.
- Meet with product vendors as required.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records as required by hotel and government regulations.
- Conduct weekly/monthly Spa Therapist departmental communication meeting and represent therapists in weekly Spa departmental meetings.
- Maintain an ample inventory of all products necessary to perform all facials and waxing services including skin care products, cotton, distilled water, warm wax, waxing sticks, bowls, towels, sheets, blankets, plastic bags, and face cloths, etc.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow and ensure that Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Develop and adhere to aesthetics departmental emergency procedures/safety manual.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Hyde Hotel Dubai
- Maintain equipment for aesthetics operations and personal equipment in safe and working order.
- Maintain the facility in peak condition at all times, while adhering to all aspects of the operations budget, including payroll.
- Control payroll and expenses.
- Ensure Spa department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
- Responsible for the efficient training of all Spa Therapists in all aspects of job tasks.
- Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa’s policy relating to safety.
- Responsible for all spa departments training in pertinent emergency procedures and ensuring all departments are well versed in aesthetic operations (cross training).
- Ensure all Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Conduct Spa therapists’ performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
- Ensure cross training of all Colleagues in Spa department and facilitate training of other spa departments.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned – i.e. reception.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced Spa therapist, ready for the next step
- Recognised certification in massage therapy
- Good communication skills and English level
- Proven retail-oriented skills