Assistant Chief Engineer | The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We are looking for an Assistant Chief Engineer to join us here at The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
You will be responsible for the subsequent co-management of The Hoxton, Amsterdam whilst taking full ownership of the Maintenance Department to ensure the hotel is maintained to the highest of standards whilst fully respecting local health & safety regulations and permits.
What you’ll do…
- Training a high calibre workforce
- Designing maintenance/servicing strategies, procedures and methods
- Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work
- Responding immediately to and diagnosing breakdown problems
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergency and unplanned problems and repairs, fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Allocating work to the maintenance team
- Checking and calibrating plant and equipment to make sure they are accurate
- Keeping heads of department informed of progress
- Organising teams to manage leave and working hours to ensure 24-hour cover is available
- Be personable, engaging, sociable and have a good sense of humour!
What we’re looking for…
- Hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role
- If you’re familiar with Opera or similar front desk operating system and understand GDS that would be a big advantage
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift.
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!