Groups & Events Manager (m/w/d)
The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Groups & Events Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Director of Sales you will be responsible for driving groups and events business into The Hoxton, Vienna.
What you'll do...
- A one-off opportunity to join the pre-opening team of The Hoxton, Vienna, launching incredible and unique spaces to a whole new market, putting your stamp on setting up our systems and processes, and being an ambassador for the Hoxton Brand
- Lead and support the Reactive Groups, Meetings & Events Sales team, working closely with the Director of Sales on recruitment and induction, managing workload & resource distribution, through to team training, development plans and reviews.
- Manage your own group and events bookings, quoting and converting business, planning all the details from site visits to follow up and building great relationships along the way
- Collaborate closely with on-property and regional teams to maximise the performance of the Groups and Meetings & Events segment, implement Brand Standards and always having one eye on ways to improve
- Provide insight, forecasting and reporting on revenues & business levels, and help turn these into strategies and understanding to support the team maximising conversion, driving revenues & hitting targets.
- Have a great understanding of our operation – and ensure the Groups & Events team provide tip-top handovers in order to deliver incredible guest experiences
- Ensure robust internal procedures and system use, enabling your team to operate efficiently while following and buying into key processes.
- Keep your thinking cap on at all times, get creative when problem solving & don’t be afraid to challenge the norm – we want your fresh ideas!
What we're looking for...
- You’re passionate about hotels and specialise in groups & events at a supervisory or management level
- You’re a positive go-getter, looking to ‘make your mark’ on a department and lead to it’s success.
- You lead by example on attention to detail and organisational skills and can manage your time when it’s in high demand.
- Someone who gets a kick out of converting sales and is target-driven
- You’re confident working in a fast paced environment and keep your cool when problem solving
- A people person, great at building strong and lasting relationships
- You’re looking for a challenge and a place where you can be you
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- Experience using a system like OPERA or Delphi would be an advantage
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Vienna
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
Thank you for applying!