Event Operations Host
We are looking for an Event Operations Host to be part of our Apartment team at The Hoxton, Holborn.
The Apartment at The Hoxton, Holborn is our striking new meeting and events concept. Combining the imitable style Hoxton has become known for, with the functionality and flexibility to host a range of events from weddings through to product launches.
The Hoxton, Holborn is our home in The City, just a stone’s throw from the West End. The building, once home to the BT exchange, is part-listed and now houses 220 rooms thanks to a lovely new extension completed in 2020. Our ground floor space has had complete revamp also from a stunning new Apartment, to our brand new all-day restaurant & bar, Rondo.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary up to £16 per hour including TRONC
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Provide a genuinely welcoming and memorable experience for our guests, in the Apartment, from a Hox welcome, to handling any questions and helping out with requests
- Running various events, from weddings to board meetings, drinks receptions to product launches
- Provide the high quality F&B service synonymous with Hoxton in every service, from buffet breakfasts through to 4 course banquets
- Anticipate needs and proactively provide solutions so that our guests’ expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience in a busy Front of House role; you genuinely care about making people feel welcome and looked after
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!