Rixos Alamein | North Coast, Alexandria - Marsa Matrouh Rd, Matrouh Governorate 5006325, Egypt
Rixos Alamein is a modern, luxury resort that boasts a prime position on the unspoilt, northern Mediterranean coast. This beautiful resort is a splash of colour against the backdrop of the desert, with the rich cobalt blue sea stretching out beyond the horizon and the lush gardens and green palm trees fringing the pristine sands. El Alamein is an up and coming destination and therefore offers a quieter retreat than its better-known sister resorts on the Red Sea. Do not be fooled, however into thinking that in any way sounds dull! Rixos Alamein offers guests a treasure trove of activities and entertainment to indulge in, creating wonder and enjoyment for all guests. Friends, families, young or old, the resort is a destination for those seeking an active luxury holiday. For guests wishing to venture beyond the resort, El Alamein is known for its rich heritage and close associations to World War II. El Alamein is home to the Al-Alamein Military Museum, which offers a fascinating insight into and pays tribute to Egypt's fundamental role. Rixos Alamein is located 310 kilometres from Cairo, 140 kilometres from Alexandria, 145 kilometres from Mersa Matruh and 19 kilometres from Alamein Airport.
- To assist his/her manager in purchasing needs and meeting orders, gathering information about the market, managing relationships with vendors, and ensuring that purchases are made on time by placing orders with vendors.
- In line with the standards and procedures identified by the facility and the Head Office, carry out all purchases related to the facility in coordination with the Purchasing Manager and monitor, plan and deliver them on time and according to budgetary discipline.
- Gather quotes from companies for all supplies that enter the facility.
- Decide on how the supplies will be purchased, in line with the policies identified by the Cluster General Manager
- Prepare lists of approved suppliers.
- Collect orders from the departments and ask for written quotes from companies. Submit the top three quotes that are compatible with the policy.
- Organise the drivers and vehicles for purchasing and administrative purposes.
- Control the invoices and waybills for goods purchased from other companies and organisations.
- Control whether the goods received from the companies comply with the required quality standards. Contact companies that have not delivered goods with the required quality standards and ensure that the proper quality goods are delivered.
- Ensure that employees in the Purchasing Department work in a coherent and systematic manner.
- Identify the training needs of the department’s employees and offer in-house and external training opportunities.
- Motivate employees by creating an appropriate environment physically, socially and psychologically in the department.
- Attend training programmes for the management team.
- Maintain good relationships will all department managers.
- Ensure that all official documents are filed and maintained in an orderly manner.
- Establish good relationships with service and product providers.
- Keep track of the innovations in the industry and attend industry-specific trade fairs.
- Attend meetings and seminars that enhance professional knowledge.
- Assume the Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- To predict that all activities and to be purchased all equipment and belongings may create disease for the environment, to join all activities which is organized to protect biological diversity and shares the responsibilities, shares the individual responsibilities in order to increase environment knowledge and to carry on necessary trainings. To provide minimum consumption currently used all stuffs and equipment (paper, printed out etc.).
- To implement his responsibilities in order to eliminate and collect waste in a proper way, reduce environmental pollution and harmful effects to the environment.
- Carry out all responsibilities related to the quality management and food safety management systems implemented at the facilities. Carry out all other duties assigned by managers and hotel management not specified in the job description.
- Education: At least a high school
- Experience: At least 5 years of practical experience in the related field.
- Foreign Language: At least intermediate level English.
- Courses and Training: Sufficient theoretical and practical background. Prior attendance in courses and seminars in the field.
- Computer Literacy: MS Office applications.
- Skills: Required to know the legislation / practices / systems in the related field. Performs several actions that are correlated and concern more than one group of actions specifically aimed at the targets.