Executive Pastry Chef
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023 and we are now looking for an experienced Executive Pastry Chef to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experience. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travellers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
Reporting to the Director of Culinary and with a dotted line to the General Manger, you willtake on the crucial role of leading and implementing the revenue strategy for our hotel.
What you’ll do…
- Proactively and inclusively lead our Culinary team,
- Inspire a dedicated and professional team, leading by example and constantly striving to improve not only yourself but also your team around you.
- Collaborate with our Brand team on seasonal projects to surprise and delight our guests
- Interact with the guests and build strong working relationships with all other departments.
- Develop a calendar of spectacular culinary experiences throughout the year, including bespoke, inspirational events for our guests and members, exceeding their expectations
- Design and deliver workshops and interactive cooking classes for our clients and guests
- Build strong, trusting and respectful relationships with our suppliers.
- Ensure full adherence and the highest standards of culinary health and safety
- Manage all costs within Pastry in line with our agreed budgets.
What we’re looking for…
- Have at least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Someone who enjoys being a mentor and leading a team,
- You will be passionate about the world of desserts and have the necessary skills in the world off pastry.
- HACCP certified.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You want to question the norm and create change by doing things differently.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to support our culinary function and bring an exciting new hospitality concept to the Maldives.
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.