The Hoxton - Edinburgh
The Hoxton, Edinburgh
We can’t wait to open our first UK hotel outside of London…and where better than the characterful capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. We are now looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
The Hox in Edinburgh will boast 214 bedrooms influenced by the Georgian heritage of the building and city (including the introduction of a new room category for the Hox), a main restaurant and big lobby & bar, a large event space and The Apartment - our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Director you will be responsible for the managing of all kitchen teams and back of house F&B spaces as well as the menu creation across all outlets while driving the business to achieve the budgeted KPI’s.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Edinburgh and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
What you'll do...
- Lead a large, dynamic kitchen team in one of the most exciting restaurants in Edinburgh.
- Drive innovation and create a culture of menu development.
- Have a firm grip on the costs of the restaurant kitchen, from labour through to always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
Who we're looking for...
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Head Chef role in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority.
- Proven track record managing large kitchen teams across multiple outlets and kitchens.
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu.
- Managerial skills to achieve budgeted KPI’s in labour and COS%.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in chef whites here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!