People & Culture Manager
We are looking for a confident People & Culture Manager to join the People & Culture team at The Hoxton, supporting our teams along their journey at two of our London hotels.
This is a great opportunity to continue your HR career in a fast-paced, lifestyle hospitality brand, supporting people from a variety of backgrounds. Our People team are a creative and ambitious bunch and you’ll get to work on projects & initiatives all across the employee journey.
What you'll do...
- Partner with our other People & Culture Manager and our Head of People & Culture on driving all things People strategy across your properties.
- Partner with our Heads of Department across your properties for anything that relates to looking after their teams, providing advice on anything from ER, support & guidance.
- Keep the culture of the property alive and kicking by promoting a fair, safe and inclusive environment and supporting with initiatives that inspire, motivate, engage and empower the team.
- Partner with our Training Manager to embed our talent review process;- from onboarding, coffee chats, annual reviews through to talent, development and career management.
- Support on all things recruitment on all our various platforms, interviewing, through to offer and finally welcoming to ensure we are continuing the fantastic talent pipeline in our properties
- Support activities under “Do More”, our global initiative to work with local charities & community projects in the cities we call home.
- Ad-hoc reporting – from employee turnover to headcounts and everything in between.
- Partner with our Payroll Coordinator/Manager on a monthly basis- running reports, supporting with employee queries and act as our Benefits champion.
What we're looking for...
- You'll come with 4+ years’ experience across all aspects of People & Culture within a fast-paced hospitality or relatable industry
- Multi-site experience advantageous
- You naturally want to help and support the people around you; others have most likely described you as a ‘People person’ and you’re great at building relationships
- Knowledge of local employment regulations is a must
- Experience of dealing with complex ER and performance issues
- HRIS system experience, preferably Fourth (or similar Hospitality or Retail system)
- Nothing escapes your eagle eye for detail even when you’re spinning multiple plates at once
- Comfortable with systems/platforms and great with the Microsoft Office suite, Excel in particular!
- Keen on organisation, and ensuring that everything is in the right place
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- A competitive salary and eligibility to participate in our annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (and bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on site
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.