Back of House Manager
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – Back of House Manager
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Back of House Manager to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Director of Food and Beverage, you will be responsible for the kitchen porters and the deliveries.
What you’ll do…
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Receive the products and chemicals and arrange them in a way that makes them easy to find.
- Responsible for the over-seeing the ordering of all FnB products and liaising with the chefs and managers to ensure this is done correctly.
- Maintain company guidelines for refuse storage and removal and liaising with the contractors.
- Oversee the goods receiving and work with finance on related paperwork.
- Control of entry of goods as requested.
- Ordering efficiently so that stock is always available without overstocking.
- Inventory control.
- Control of the stock at all times, ordering just what is necessary, without excess.
- Cost of sale daily monitoring from different departments.
- Negotiate new prices and rappels with suppliers.
- Knowledge of Adaco is preferable.
What we’re looking for…
- Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager within the hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Knowledge of stock and goods receiving systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- You’re cost consciousness and have strong negotiation skills. You have no problem dealing with suppliers.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!