Assistant Training Manager
Rixos Alamein | North Coast, Alexandria - Marsa Matrouh Rd, Matrouh Governorate 5006325, Egypt
Rixos Alamein is a modern, luxury resort that boasts a prime position on the unspoilt, northern Mediterranean coast. This beautiful resort is a splash of colour against the backdrop of the desert, with the rich cobalt blue sea stretching out beyond the horizon and the lush gardens and green palm trees fringing the pristine sands. El Alamein is an up and coming destination and therefore offers a quieter retreat than its better-known sister resorts on the Red Sea. Do not be fooled, however into thinking that in any way sounds dull! Rixos Alamein offers guests a treasure trove of activities and entertainment to indulge in, creating wonder and enjoyment for all guests. Friends, families, young or old, the resort is a destination for those seeking an active luxury holiday. For guests wishing to venture beyond the resort, El Alamein is known for its rich heritage and close associations to World War II. El Alamein is home to the Al-Alamein Military Museum, which offers a fascinating insight into and pays tribute to Egypt's fundamental role. Rixos Alamein is located 310 kilometres from Cairo, 140 kilometres from Alexandria, 145 kilometres from Mersa Matruh and 19 kilometres from Alamein Airport.
- Develops and maintains hotel’s training library and co-ordinate acquisitions.
- Analyses training needs in the hotel and prioritise such needs for the Training Manager to review.
- Develops annual hotel training plans and prepare monthly reports to Training Manager.
- Consults with the Training Manager for the co-ordination of training courses.
- Ensures that all employees receive appropriate orientation, a copy of their job description and guide and information on HR services.
- Visits on job training sessions of new and existing employees.
- Coordinates and assesses the on the job training certification of departmental trainers.
- To ensure the maintenance of training aids, order training materials and stationery as required for the training office and training courses.
- Ensures all necessary documents are being filed or archived.
- Co-ordinates training with nominated suppliers for courses such as food hygiene and HACCP. Arranging delegates, training room, equipment, invoicing etc.
- Conducts basic and supervisory to managerial level training such as customer service, interviewing skills etc. and any other relevant Rixos Hotels and outside courses required.
- Oversees on a monthly basis the hotel’s training budget.
- Assists in the selection and training of management and departmental trainees, interns and work experience placements.
- Conducts interviews for interns, coordinate their placement and meet with all interns on a monthly basis.
- Ensures employee, supervisory and management records of training in the Human Resources & Training database are maintained.
- Reviews training policies, procedures and practices, recommend improvements to management.
- Participates in developing and implementing programs to ensure employee security and safety.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the training field and make recommendations relating thereto.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Co-ordinates and communicates trainings and activities with other department heads and departmental trainers.
- Conducts CAB Committee Meetings.
- Ensures all delegates receive a pre-course brief and post course evaluation.
- Ensures certification is issued for delegates who attend and completes corporate training.
- Ensures the training notice board is kept up to date with current calendar and relevant training information
- Walk the talk!! – Uphold all standards of grooming, behaviour etc…. be a role model.
- To predict that all activities and to be purchased all equipment and belongings may create disease for the environment, to join all activities which is organized to protect biological diversity and shares the responsibilities, shares the individual responsibilities in order to increase environment knowledge and to carry on necessary trainings. To provide minimum consumption currently used all stuffs and equipment (paper, printed out etc.).
- To implement necessary warnings and departmental trainings in order to save energy inside the facility. To carry on implementing decisions which were taken for saving energy. To predict effects of environment and efficiency of energy on purchased equipment.
- To implement his responsibilities in order to eliminate and collect waste in a proper way, reduce environmental pollution and harmful effects to the environment.
- Carry out all responsibilities related to the quality management and food safety management systems implemented at the facilities. Carry out all other duties assigned by managers and hotel management not specified in the job description
- Education: At least a University Degree.
- Experience: At least 2 years of related work experience following associate degree or at least 3 years of work experience following undergraduate degree.
- Foreign Language: Sufficient level of English to be able to write reports according to international standards.
- Courses and Training: Sufficient theoretical and practical background. Prior attendance in courses and seminars in the field.
- Computer Literacy: MS Office applications.
- Skills: Has good command of the legislation and procedures related to the job and department. Is familiar with other processes that affect the job. Is responsible for managing and/or implementing sub-process. Expected to integrate and coordinate an important unit of the facility.