Groups & Events Executive (m/f/d)
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) - Groups & Events Executive
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for an experienced Groups & Events Executive to join our Meetings & Events Sales Team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to the German market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for reactive (and some proactive) management and conversion of enquiries to drive groups, meetings and events revenue.
What you’ll do…
- Be a key contact for groups and events across Berlin handling your own bookings from start to finish: from initial proposals & negotiations, to contracting & invoicing, to planning great events & group stays, to site visits and follow ups.
- Have a great understanding of our operation – and ensure that Hotel teams have tip-top handovers with all the details & communication they need to deliver incredible guest experiences
- Work individually and as part of a team to maximise conversion, employing strategies to hit targets and identifying challenges & opportunities to drive revenues
- Show your keen eye for detail when using our booking systems: think tracking & following up on enquiries, generating contracts, invoices and function sheets, inputting details for operational handover, taking deposits and tracking payments and keeping an up-to-date database.
- Develop great product knowledge and use this to win business while supporting the rest of the team in keeping up to date on all things Hoxton
- Prioritise developing client relationships & work to truly understand guest needs, while always following up & creating opportunities to develop repeat business
- Be an ambassador for the Hoxton Brand and keep the guest experience at the heart of everything you do
- Actively contribute to a positive team culture as part of a fast paced, growing, multi-property department
- Build strong relationships & communication with other Hoxton teams, championing positive collaboration across multiple areas of the Business
- Always keep your thinking cap on, get creative when problem solving & don’t be afraid to challenge the norm – we want your fresh ideas!
What we’re looking for...
- Experience working within reactive sales in groups or events within hotels, venues or private members clubs
- Someone who gets a kick out of converting sales, with a track record of beating targets
- You speak German fluently, English and any other languages are a plus.
- Experience using a system like OPERA would be an advantage
- A people person, great at building and nurturing long lasting relationships.
- You’re a proactive and experienced individual with great enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- You’re looking for a challenge and a place where you can be you - no clones in suits here.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help gets stuff done.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.