Rooms Division Manager SO/ Sotogrande
SO/ Sotogrande | Av. Almenara, s/n, 11360 Sotogrande, Cádiz, Spain
SO/ Sotogrande is a tribute to fashion, design, gastronomy and golf on the Andalusian coast. Surrounded by green hills and valleys overlooking the Mediterranean, SO/ Sotogrande Spa & Golf Resort is located in a unique enclave. The resort has recovered the welcoming spirit and essence of the old Cortijo de Santa María de la Higuera, making it an idyllic place where families and friends celebrate life, enjoy serenity and a healthy, contemporary lifestyle together.
It is the preferred destination on the Costa del Sol for golf lovers, enjoying a privileged location surrounded by the 7 best golf courses in Europe. It has 152 rooms and 36 suites and exceptional facilities among which you can enjoy: 3 outdoor swimming pools, private gardens, Kid's Club, 2,800 m2 of spa and fitness and luminous event rooms with views. Its gastronomic offer consists of 4 Restaurants & Bars, where you can enjoy the traditional flavors of Andalusia, proposals with a renewed vision and signature cocktails.
As a Rooms Division Manager, you are responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Rooms Division Manager will also be required to evaluate guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee Rooms Division operations including, Reception, Guest Relation, Laundry and Housekeeping
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Understands the brand's service culture.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the compliance of the brand standards and performance of the Room Division Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories, amenities, Hotel services and storytelling
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Room Division team
- Contribute to succession planning within the hotel and company
- Ensure team members comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Proficient in property management systems
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
- High school diploma and 4 years of experience in a responsible Front Office position, or 2 year degree from a school of Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related; and 2 years of experience in a responsible Front Office position.
- Ability to lead a team, coach and positively influence the team.
- High level of English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure, remain calm and problem solving.
- Focused on customer service.
- Organized, flexible and results oriented.
- Degree in hospitality or hotel management.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Availability to work in Spain or the European Union
- Attractive Incentive Scheme
- Significant discounts on Hotel services
- Discounts at Accor Group hotels and partner companies