Guest Services Manager
We are looking for an unflappable, confident Guest Services Manager to join us at The Hoxton, Shoreditch.
You will be responsible for providing a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch, is where The Hoxton was born. It’s where we first set out to do things a little differently, breaking rules about ‘the way things are done’. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and an open lobby, café & restaurant where you can feel the hustle and energy of Shoreditch.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, eligibility to take part in the company discretionary bonus scheme and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Support the running of our day to day Front Office, leading and inspiring our receptionists to create a memorable, effortless Hox experience for our guests – from when they arrive, over the course of their stay and until they get their bill and head off again
- Lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
- Contribute to our success as a business, by making sure the right rates are being used, managing overbooking levels and working with the team to make sure we have a full and happy house
- Making sure everything is running smoothly and looking sharp, working with the team to find solutions to any hick ups
What we're looking for...
- Hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role
- If you’re familiar with Opera or similar front desk operating system and understand GDS that would be a big advantage
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!