Night Manager (m/w/d)
The Hoxton - Vienna
A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Night Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for leading the night shift and make sure our guest experience never flags – even at night.
What you’ll do…
- Represent management during the night and be responsible for the smooth running of operations.
- Lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions.
- Be responsible for the closing of the day from verifying and preparing front office reports.
- Carrying out the night audit procedures accurately, reporting any discrepancies and ensuring resolution.
- Ensure the safety of customers overnight whilst they are tucked up asleep.
What we’re looking for…
- Hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role.
- If you’re familiar with Opera or similar front desk operating system and understand GDS that would be a big advantage.
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others and isn't easily flustered - there's a smaller team working at night so confidence and knowing how to work things out by yourself are key.
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits here.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to be part of the opening team of an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Vienna.
-Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!